Monday 18 June 2012

We call ourselves the generation Y

"Hello Carol and Jalas. I am eight and a half months pregnant and I don't know who the father is".
Carol asks, "What do you mean you don't know who the father is?".
The lady went ahead and said, " I was dating these three guys and I slept with them in a period of one week and now am not sure who is the father". Bear in mind that this is a 22yr old student. Another one called in the national radio station and said she had seven "boyfriends" and she sounded pretty much confused.

what made me angry is they made it seem like it is the norm nowadays. That's why am writing this. Am 22 yrs  and it is not a norm to me or to my friends. Most of us the young people seem to have lost it and as they said, we seem to just go with "the flow".

Who are we to blame really? Our parents have raised us and taught us what is right and what is wrong and our teachers have given us the best education they could give us under the circumstances we found ourselves in. We don't want anyone to tell us about what to do with our lives. So what the hell is wrong with us?

Just like you, I really do not know what is wrong with us. But basically, we have no one to blame other than ourselves. All the information is available wherever we turn but it is for us to make a choice. Whatever choice you make, just don't blame it on anyone when it backfires on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment